Thursday, June 12, 2014

Over The Top

Over The Top 

How It Got Started

We are surrounded by "beauty" 
Ad's are all around us showing us what we "need"
How we "should" look
So I decided to make fun of it

Over The Top 
Was my way of showing that these ads are nothing but plastic and glitter
That we're being influenced by unrealistic pictures of how we should live
And that we need to as a society overcome this artificial perspective on life 

I'm still working on this project
Here are the beginnings of 
Over The Top

That Perfect Summer Tan

Crazy Volume

Bags Bags Bags!

Lashes for Days


How I Did It

All these images were taken with my on camera flash
The sparkly backgrounds are some awesome sheets of glitter paper I got at Paper Source in the Marina

To create those fantastic lashes I got black construction paper, cut it into strips and tapered the ends,
rolled each piece around my finger to curl it, and attached them with lash adhesive. 

The majority of my props I got at my local Walgreen's or already had
 and China Town always has awesome props for cheap (my wig and the pink bag) 

I did all my own hair and makeup
and I would like to thank my partner and assistant Michael for helping me! 


Thank you for taking a look!
Please keep following and check out my website!
www.GraceElainePhotography.com




No comments:

Post a Comment